Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Image of New York in my head

        This is my first time I am in New York City. This is even first time I am in the United States of America.
 
        What was I expecting New York City to be like, to look like? When I just arrived here I was thinking that I will arrive somewhere closer to the high buildings. But as I understood the airport is somwhere on the edge of the city, or somewhere there. Actually it was logically expectable because airport suppose to be outside the city  just like everywhere.
 
        At the same time I was thinking that New York City is composed only of great structures but everything is in normal size here, just like at home. Surprisingly for me I saw some buildings that look just like buildings at home. But the most surprising thing was that I thought NYC had much more snow than it has now.
  
        You will ask now, why am I here? Well, I came to study in New York University NYC for three weeks. Actually I am a student of New York University Abu Dhabi located in the capital of United Arab Emirates wich is Abu Dhabi. I am a freshman in college and every single experience is new for me. My first experience of Abu Dhabi was very interesting because I started to learn new culture and to be a part of new culture. I think the same will happen with New York City - new culture, new people - new experience.
 
         New York City is something new for me, something I have never experienced before. I want to epxress myself like we say in Russia: "Etot gorod navsegda ostavit neizgladimiy sled v dushe", what is translated as: "This city will leave indelible spot in my soul forever" what actually means that this city is going to change the way I think, the way I am, simply my life forever.

1 comment:

  1. I think we're going to have to take you to the Empire State Building.

    ReplyDelete