Thursday, January 13, 2011

AMERICAN IDIOT - day 8

American idiot… who is that? I don’t know who exactly that guy is, but I can tell that it is the album of Green Day… and it is the musical play on Broadway, which I saw yesterday.



You may ask what I think about that. Well, I am absolutely EXCITED about the play. Show was good, actors really good, story is funny and music is incredible! Storyline was about a year from a life of a young guy and what he has experiences in that year – it wasn’t easy time, his friend has gone to serve in army, another friend has had a baby-born, his girlfriend has left him because he became an addict… but he has fought it and in the end won. His friend has returned from the army without left leg, another’s friend girlfriend left him and took the baby with her… Actors ended with the song “The time of your life” – they all were playing guitars and it was great, I haven’t seen so much playing guitars at the same time.

How is it connected to the course that we are learning? Honestly, I don’t really know how is it exactly connected, because it wasn’t in course’s schedule and we’ve (whole New York group) on that play just for fun. But definitely we may connect it to the New York and Modernity, because it was the play that was not like general play – it was rock musical made up with songs of Green Day – so by that director of American idiot made it really modern!

I LIKED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment